This article is a form on instructional article on how to smoke. It gives detailed steps on how to light and finish a cigarette. Also included in the article is a list on the negative effects of smoking. This is to give readers a fair warning of what to expect if they light their first cigarette and get hooked to the habit.
Click here for a complete directory of pet friendly hotels
This article deals with
how to smoke
We all know that smoking is never good for the health. It causes a lot of different health complications after long-term continued exposure to the nicotine. It is important that people are aware of the many different effects of cigarette smoking before they even begin to light their first cigarette stick.
Here are a few simple to steps on how to smoke a cigarette:
1. Remove the cigarette from the package, holding the cigarette stick between two fingers. It can either be between the forefinger and the middle finger, or held by the thumb and forefinger.
2. Place the filtered end (if the cigarette has a filter) between your lips, in the center. Place it far enough into your mouth to form an airtight seal but not far enough back where it will touch the wet part of your lips. If necessary draw your lips inwards slightly to hold it in place.
3. Light the match or lighter and bring it to the tip of the cigarette. Suck on the cigarette once or twice in short bursts to light the cigarette. Do not inhale or exhale as you puff. The sucking action on the cigarette will draw the flame to the tip and light the end of the cigarette. The same sucking motion brings the smoke into the mouth.
4. Remove the cigarette from your mouth and exhale the smoke.
5. To inhale more cigarette smoke, place the cigarette back between your lips and suck your desired amount of smoke. Remove the cigarette from your lips and open your mouth. This cools down the smoke for further inhalation.
6. Exhale excess smoke through the mouth.
7. Periodically tap off the ash at the burning end of the cigarette into an ashtray.
8. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the cigarette stick is finished.
* Do not forget to properly extinguish the burning end of the cigarette by crushing the smoldering end against the bottom of an ashtray. This is important so as not to start any fire.
It is important to know that smoking may be hazardous to one’s health and to those surrounding a smoker. Here are important warnings you might want to consider before you start lighting up:
l First time smokers may experience the negative effects of carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke, such as nausea, dizziness, and increased heart rate and blood pressure.
l The nicotine in cigarettes may cause physical and psychological addiction. It is declared an addiction once the smoker actively seeks out or anticipates to cigarette smoking, as compared to smoking at random. A lot of smokers become addicted to cigarettes without even knowing it.
l Smokers experience a decreased appetite because the brain confuses and replaces normal food cravings with that of nicotine cravings. This is because nicotine makes the body release sugar and fat, therefore tricking the brain into thinking that cigarette is food.
l It is far more difficult to stop smoking than it is to start the habit.
l Smoking raises risks of acquiring cardiovascular problems like hypertension, heart attacks, and stroke.
l Smoking causes shortness of breath because it decreases lung capacity due to the lungs being coated with tobacco resin. This may increase a smoker’s risk of getting lung complications like emphysema, bronchitis, among other lung disease.
People would have different reasons for smoking. Just a word of precaution, think out your reason ten times over and then decide if it is more important than your health and those of the people you love.